Monday, June 23, 2008

5 Days and we're off

I just realised that I said nothing about this weekends rides being the last training I plan to do before the ride.

With less training this weekend, I had more time at home. Jules and I used the time to prepare for the race. I've packed my kit-box & bought a few spares (tyres, tubes, brake blocks etc). We ran through the route which Dave has done and excellent job on. We sorted the house out so people have places to sleep on Friday night. I think we're pretty much ready.

Each day that goes by now, another thing happens which feels like a step closer to the race. On Friday, the team shirts arrived & Ciaran, Simon & I tried them out on our ride. It's going to look SO cool when the whole team gets together!

This time next week, we'll be cycling past Wales!!!!

Yikes

No comments: